Japanese

Company Description

Tachibana Securities Co., Ltd. was founded in 1953 by Mr. Hisashi Ishii, a legendary market forecaster. It is a fully licensed securities company(*), with 507 employees, and 9 branches in the Metropolitan areas of Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya. It has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Tachibana Securities (HK) Ltd., in Hong Kong. Tachibana Securities is not listed on the Stock Exchange and the founder's family and endowment own about 70% of the company. Japanese institutional shareholders include Mizuho Bank, MUFJ Trust, Sompo Japan and Mitsui Life. Our financial position is extremely sound. The regulatory capital ratio was 786.4% in March 2016, with 59.8 billion yen in net assets.

(*) Tachibana Securities Ltd is regulated by the Japanese MOF as a Financial Products Trader. Registration: Kanto region Financial Bureau Chief (Financial Products) #110, Registered Association: Japan Securities Dealers Association (JSDA) / The Financial Futures Association of Japan

Corporate Profile

Company Name Tachibana Securities Co. Ltd.
Representative Director Noboru Ishii, President
Founded 1 September, 1953
Capital  6,696 million yen
Annual Revenues  7,254 million yen
Net Assets(**) 59,840 million yen
Regulatory Capital Ratio  786.4%
Head Office 1-13-14 Nihonbashi-Kayabacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0025 MAP
Tel +81-3-3669-7213
Number of Employees 507
Number of Offices 9 branches in Japan and a wholly-owned subsidiary in Hong Kong
Business Dealing in financial products
Registration Kanto region Financial Bureau Chief (Financial Products) #110
Memberships Japan Securities Association
Tokyo Stock Exchange
Osaka Stock Exchange
Nagoya Stock Exchange
Fukuoka Stock Exchange
Sapporo Stock Exchange
Financial Futures Association of Japan
Tokyo Financial Exchange Inc.
All financial data as of March 2016 unless stated otherwise

(**) Net Assets = Parent total equity + Provisions - Divident reserve

Tachibana Services

We focus primarily on providing information, advice and execution related to the Japanese stock markets. We do not trade bonds, or overseas equities. Approximately 80% of our revenue comes from domestic individual investors, with the remaining 20% from domestic and overseas institutional investors. Our Research department includes market strategists and 8 sector analysts, with a bias towards stocks that interest retail investors such as smaller cap shares and those related to fresh themes in the market. They write reports on over 300 companies a year, approximately 20% of which are not covered by any other broker. We issue English language reports which we make available to clients.

Our retail operations employ 330 salesmen, and the institutional team has 10 sales and trading professionals covering domestic institutions as well as selected international clients.

We do not engage in Corporate Finance and Underwriting, and therefore are usually able to accept requests to act as Tender Agent for investors wishing to buy stakes in Japanese companies.

Financial Statements